Milton Keynes is a highly popular town for tourists and business travelers alike for its proximity and connectivity to London. More than 200 trains operate between Milton Keynes Central and London Euston every day, making this town highly popular amongst tourists who wish to avoid the expensive hotels in London. Budget hotels in Milton Keynes, such as Mercure Milton Keynes Hotel, are located close to the station and offer easy access to the various tourist attractions in and around the town. Not only this, 90% of places in England and Wales can be reached in five hours from Milton Keynes. The town is well connected to several airports in the UK too.
Milton Keynes: Some Facts
The beautiful town of Milton Keynes must be explored to enjoy the natural beauty of its various parks and attractions, such as Wobourn Safari Park and the Silverstone racing track. Some interesting facts about this town are:
- Milton Keynes Borough covers 119 square miles and is the last and largest of the new towns in the UK. The town is famous for its green areas and the abundance of parks can be gauged from the fact that no one in Milton Keynes is ever more than half a mile from a park.
- The town is famous for its Central Shopping area Centremk, which along with Xscape, offering a wide range of physical and entertainment activities, and intuMK, attracted over 44 million visitors in 2015 alone. A visit to Snozone in Xscape, which boasts 220 feet high real snow slopes, topped each day with fresh snow, is highly recommended.
- Milton Keynes Stadium, with a capacity to seat around 30,000 people, is easily accessible from the several popular budget hotels and is known to have hosted numerous matches of the Rugby World Cup in 2015. The football stadium is home to the Milton Keynes Dons Football Club, a professional association football club.
- Several hotels are also located near Bletchley Park Museum, famous for its displays associated with the decoding technology used in World War II and the latest technological developments. The world’s first semi-programmable electronic computer ‘Colossus’ was built here.
- The town of Milton Keynes is based on a North American style grid network, wherein all main roads use an H or V, indicating whether they run horizontally or vertically. This highly popular town had an estimated population of 245,750 in 2011, which is expected to grow to 284,400 by 2021.
- The advantage of the various cheap hotels near the train station is that they offer free parking & electric car charging points. Visitors can explore the various attractions in Milton Keynes via foot or cycle by using the town’s extensive Redway system.
- Although a small town, Milton Keynes has more bridges than Venice and a longer shoreline around its lakes than Jersey.
So, choosing a good budget hotel near Milton Keynes Stadium will allow you to explore the beauty and uniqueness of this town near London.